Safe streets for walking and cycling - privacy notice
West Yorkshire Combined Authority's Privacy Statement – Safe Streets for walking and cycling
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (2018) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the ‘controller’ of the personal data which you provide is the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (“the Combined Authority”, “we”, “us”) of Wellington House, 40-50 Wellington St, Leeds LS1 2DE (Tel: 0113 251 7272). The Combined Authority is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) with registration number ZA051694.
The Combined Authority is collecting this data and will process it for the purpose of understanding and identifying information that is relevant to the development of the ‘safe streets for walking and cycling’ programme.
To submit a response via the online map found at: https://www.yourvoice.westyorksca.gov.uk/safestreets/maps/safestreets you are required to either provide an email address and screen name, or to complete a registration form. The form requires the following personal information:
- Please be aware that you must be at least 13 years of age to have an account on Your Voice. Parents or guardians may hold an account on behalf of a child aged 12 or younger. However, the email address provided should belong to the adult. Please tick here to confirm that you are aged 13 or above.
- Screen Name (this is what other users will see when you write a comment). Please note, your registered screen name will be publicly visible on the map, so if you wish to change this, please do so via editing your profile once registered. It is encouraged to not include any personal information on your public profile or in your response to the online map.
- Email address
All other questions about your personal data are optional. However, we have asked for this information as we recognise that the needs of different customer groups can vary. Other data provided voluntarily will be used to target information specific to the subject. The Combined Authority will not share the data you submit via the registration form with any other party.
The Combined Authority may share the data you submit via the interactive map with the relevant West Yorkshire councils as follows: The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council (registered with the ICO with registration number Z6583017), the Borough Council of Calderdale (registered with the ICO with registration number Z7465567), Kirklees Metropolitan Council (registered with the ICO with registration number Z575071X), Leeds City Council (registered with the ICO with registration number Z5943577) and/or the Council of the City of Wakefield (registered with the ICO with registration number Z6372834). The Combined Authority may also share this data with third party consultants in the future to assist with analysing the information provided in comments.
There may be other circumstances in which we may share or use certain information about you, which are:
- if we have a legal obligation to do so or if we are required or requested to do so by a competent authority such as the police or a court;
- if we need to use or disclose your information to obtain legal advice or in connection with legal proceedings;
- if we need to share your information to protect your vital interests if you are unable to give us consent or it is unreasonable for us to ask for your consent in the circumstances (e.g. if you are injured).
We will retain your information for the duration of the consultation phase of the project in accordance with our information retention policy and on the expiration of such period we will safely delete it.
Personal information provided to the Combined Authority will be processed under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR which states that the data subject has given consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specified purposes.
Special category’ data (such as information pertaining to an individual’s ethnicity or health) will be processed under Article 9(2)(a) of the GDPR which states that the data subject has given explicit consent to the processing of their personal data for one or more specified purposes.
As a data subject you have a number of rights under the DPA. These include the right to withdraw your consent and access the information which we hold about you. In some cases you may have a right to have your personal data rectified, erased or restricted, and to object to certain use of your data. For further information, please visit www.westyorks-ca.gov.uk/footer/privacy-notice-and-cookie-policy.
If you wish to contact us about this privacy statement or to make a request, please use the following details:
West Yorkshire Combined Authority
Wellington House 40-50
Tel: 0113 251 7272
If you are unsatisfied with the manner in which we collect or handle your personal data you have a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Information about how to make complaints can be found on the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk